Wednesday, May 13, 2009

When God asks "Why?"

"Why?"

I froze for a split second. I had been wrapping a pizza for a customer. She had a cast on her leg, and I had just blessed her pizza and asked God for healing. Still in shock, I asked if she needed help to her car.She declined, and I was left to ponder why God said "why".

Has God ever asked you that? I mean, the Maker of heaven and earth, who "knows the plans he has for you", and clothes the sparrows of the field, asking you that word.

(It works for God. Toddlers, not so much).

Over the next few days, I heard that word a lot. It wasn't a bad thing, I soon realized. Asking why is an important part of discovering new things. It is also good for examining motives and honing what you already know. Examples included:

"Why are you going there?" (On my way to buy something I didn't need.)
"Why are you thinking that way?" (Frustrated by a self-perceived lack of growth.)
"Why are you here in this place?" (Motive-was I trying to reach God, or impress man?)

It also made me ask myself why I did things or thought a certain way. It opened up a new avenue for us to get to know each other better. I'm still learning to hear from Him-like David in Psalm 139 verse 17, His thoughts are precious to me. I want to hear and see everything He has for me. He's my Father. My Abba watches over me. Like a father teaching his child, so the Father is with all of His children. He wants us to see Him in all his wonder.

I'll end with this "note" from our Father:

May I bless you and keep you,
(I do.)
May my face shine upon you,
(It does.)
May I look upon you with favor,
(I do. :) )
May I grant you my peace.
(As much as you want-just ask.)

No comments:

Post a Comment